League Parity Thought Experiment

Use only English language in the conversations of forum. Esoteric theme now interesting for a lot of people, and if you are cannot speak Russian, we can try speak English. But you must understand, that my native language is Russian. So please try make your questions more simple.
carterturner
Контактная информация:

League Parity Thought Experiment

Сообщение carterturner » 07 авг 2017 17:02

I've been thinking for a bit, that to stop super teams forming, what if all 30 teams did an annual vote to determine 30 franchise players.

Each team would select 5 players in the league that they think are 'the best'. The 30 who get the most votes would become 'franchise players', and excluded from playing on the same team as any other 'franchise player'. To compensate them, they'd be open to exclusive contracts that only a designated franchise player could get.

The problem then becomes player growth or decline. What happens when a Giannis makes a massive jump one season, but the league already has 30 players locked into 'franchise deals'? Does a team that features one of the players who no longer made the Top 30 the room to drop that player and acquire one of the new franchise names?
Please Help.
Thanks !
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

Вернуться в «English»